The only international choral competitionthat promotes Filipino folk music as well as the legacy of National Artist for Music Andrea Ofilada Veneracion, returns for its fourth edition on July 18-21 at the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP). The Andrea O. Veneracion (AOV) International Choral Festival is a four-day affair featuring the inaugural Asia Choral Grand Prix.
Pictured is the 2017 winner of the AOV International Choral Festival, the Los Baños Choral Ensemble from the University of the Philippines.
The competition jury consists of industry heavyweights:
- Werner Pfaff – veteran conductor and lecturer, representing Germany
- Jason Max Ferdinand, ’99 – chair of Oakwood University’s Department of Music, representing United States
- Digna Guerra – celebrated maestra, representing Cuba
- David Squire – a recipient of New Zealand’s Local Heroes Medal for his contributions to music education
- Mark Anthony Carpio – Madz conductor, representing the Philippines